TRP Surveys is an online survey that helps the media industry understand the opinion and viewing habits of the public.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully.
The Terms and Conditions should be read with the Privacy Notice which gives details on how we collect, store, use, share and protect your personal data and the Cookie Notice. By joining TRP Surveys you agree to these Terms and Conditions and confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Cookie Notices, do not sign up for TRP Surveys.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or the Privacy and Cookie Notices at any time. If we do this we will send you an email to let you know. If you do not agree to any of the changes that we make you must unsubscribe from TRP Surveys (please see the section titled “Leaving TRP Surveys”). Otherwise we will assume that you have accepted and agree to the changes made.
By signing up for TRP Surveys you agree to receive survey invites by email when a survey that you are eligible for becomes available. TRP Surveys does not guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of surveys in a set time frame or when you will receive your first survey. There is no upper limit on the number of surveys that you might receive. You may take part in as many or as few surveys as you want to.
1. Signing up for TRP Surveys
There is no charge for taking part in TRP Surveys. Any personal data that you provide will only be used as described in our Privacy and Cookie Notices and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
To be accepted as a member of TRP Surveys you must:
- Have only one account (multiple sign ups will not be accepted).
- Sign up as yourself and not pretend to be any other person.
- Be an individual – not a corporation or any other type of entity.
- Complete the sign up form honestly and accurately ensuring that all information requested is complete.
- Provide a valid email address so you can receive our surveys. This needs to be unique to you and cannot be shared with another member of TRP Surveys.
- Be living in the UK and provide a residential UK address.
- Be over the age of 16.
- NOT work in market research or the media industry.
- NOT have a partner / immediate family member who works for TRP Research Ltd.
It is important that you check your details carefully when signing up for TRP Surveys. Don’t forget to add email@example.com to your address book to ensure that you don’t miss out on any surveys. We cannot be held responsible for you not receiving our surveys.
We monitor all member sign ups and survey records as part of our quality checks. If we find out / suspect that you have signed up for TRP Surveys multiple times we reserve the right to immediately remove one or all of the accounts without notice and to refuse any future sign ups from you. If you are removed you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
2. Updating Personal Data
You are responsible for making sure that your personal data including your contact details are accurate and up to date. Your contact details will be used to send you surveys, rewards and to communicate with you about TRP Surveys. We may end your membership with TRP Surveys without notice if you fail to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
We cannot be held responsible for lost vouchers that were sent to an old address because your address was not updated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about any changes to your contact details.
3. Receiving Credits and Rewards
You will receive credits towards your chosen reward for every survey you complete. Each credit that you earn will be automatically added to your account. Credits are not transferable between accounts, have no cash value and can only be used to pay out your chosen reward. You will be rewarded for taking part in our surveys with shopping vouchers, charity donations or you can raise money for a community group.
All rewards will be managed by TRP Research. You should email email@example.com to request a change of reward. We will continue to send you rewards as long as you remain a member of TRP Surveys. We will let you know how many credits each survey is worth when we send the survey out and in the survey itself. Our surveys are varied lengths and may not include the same questions in each survey.
For more about the rewards we offer please visit www.trpsurveys.com/reward/. Rewards are subject to change at any time.
- If your reward choice is a shopping voucher you will be notified by email and sent a £5 voucher on the Tuesday after you have reached 20 credits. We will let you know how many credits you have each week in Wednesday’s email.
- If your reward choice is a charity donation we will automatically pay £5 to your chosen charity and notify you by email on the Tuesday after you have reached 20 credits. We will let you know how many credits you have each week in Wednesday’s email.
- If your reward choice is a community group we will automatically pay £50 into the group’s nominated bank account once the group has reached 200 credits, unless an alternative agreement has been made with your group. This payment will usually occur within a couple of weeks after the group has reached the payment threshold, where we have the group’s bank account details. This gives us time to process any credits that are due and pay into the groups account. We will send you and other members of the group an email once the group has been paid.
4. Community Groups
In order to raise money for a community group through taking our surveys you will need to name the group when prompted in the sign up form.
Each individual community group needs to have between 3 and 20 members to qualify for the scheme. If you chose a community group when you signed up but haven’t been able to get the 3 members needed to qualify, we may contact you and ask you to change to a different reward. If your group reaches 20 members, the maximum group size allowed, we reserve the right to refuse any further sign ups to your group without notice.
Once your group has collected enough credits we will ask for the group’s bank account details so we can pay £50 into the account. See section 3 for more details on paying out rewards.
5. Referring Friends
Current members can refer their friends to TRP Surveys by completing the refer a friend form on the website when we are looking for more members. You must be a current member of TRP Surveys to be able to refer friends and receive rewards.
You must provide your friend’s name and email address so that we can send them an invite – make sure you check their details carefully. We will not send out an invite to your friend if we are missing any details in the refer a friend form.
We’ll also need your name and email address so that we can link the referral back to you and reward you with the extra referral credits. If the details you provide do not match our records we will not be able to send your friend an invite.
Your name will also be included in the email inviting your friend to join TRP Surveys. There is no limit on the number of friends you can refer but we will only send each friend a maximum of two invites. It is their choice whether or not they want to sign up for TRP Surveys.
In order to receive the refer a friend credits your friend needs to sign up for TRP Surveys (see section 1) and you must both complete at least 5 surveys. Credits will be added to both accounts once they have been checked and no later than one month after the criteria have been met as long as you are both still members of TRP Surveys. In addition, they must:
- Have never been a member of TRP Surveys in the past.
- Use the referral link included in the email to sign up for TRP Surveys.
You should only refer your friends if they are happy for you to give us their name and email address so we can send them an invite to join TRP Surveys. If we receive a complaint from your friend as a result of the email we have sent inviting them to join TRP Surveys we may end your membership with TRP Surveys (see section 13).
6. Prize Draws
We may run free prize draws from time to time. These prize draws will be subject to additional Terms and Conditions that will be put up on the TRP Surveys website when the prize draw starts.
7. Filling in Surveys
We use technology to send your surveys and open / close them. We may set quotas in our surveys to make sure that they represent the population of the UK. Once these quotas are met you will not be able to take part in the survey.
When filling in our surveys make sure that you are not rushed and have time to complete the surveys properly. You are responsible for filling in your surveys honestly and accurately. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the data you provide is untrue, inaccurate or that you are not filling in our surveys properly we may end your membership with TRP Surveys without notice. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Responses that do not make sense.
- Responses that are inconsistent with other information provided.
- Not answering all the required questions in the survey.
- Speeding through the survey too quickly and not answering the questions properly.
- Inappropriate or abusive answers to questions.
- Assisting other members on how to answer their survey.
The surveys we send you may disclose confidential, sensitive or trade secret information relating to our clients. This might include ideas about new television or radio shows and advertising among other things. The content you see in our surveys remain the absolute property of the client who asked for the survey and must not be shared with any other person. In addition, you must not copy, print or store this information and must only use it for the sole purpose of completing the survey. If you fail to do this we will end your membership with TRP Surveys without notice and you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
For any damages caused by a data breach you commit you may be liable for monetary damages to both TRP Surveys and / or our client.
You must not make false or misleading statements when advertising or talking about TRP Surveys in person, on social media, in articles or in any other place. As a member of TRP Surveys you are responsible for making sure that any information you publish about TRP Surveys is accurate and up to date. If you fail to do this we may end your membership with TRP Surveys without notice and you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
10. Links to Other Websites
Any links to external websites provided by third parties such as the charities we work with are provided for your information only. We accept no responsibility for these websites and have no control over their content. These websites will have their own Terms and Conditions / Privacy Notices / Cookie Notices and you use these websites at your own risk.
Your account may be set to inactive for any of the following reasons:
- If we get a bounceback message when we send an email or survey to you. If we are unable to contact you through any other means, e.g. phone call you will be removed from TRP Surveys and will not receive any surveys or emails from us. Therefore, it is important that you check your details carefully when signing up for TRP Surveys. Your details will be kept on our records, so we don’t try and contact you again.
- If you have never completed a survey or have not completed a survey for a while. If you fall into one of these groups you may receive an email, text or phone call asking if you want to remain a member of TRP Surveys. If you don’t respond to this email/text/phone call or complete a survey you will be unsubscribed from TRP Surveys (see “Leaving TRP Surveys” section below).
- If you let us know you would like to have a break from our surveys, for example if you’re going on holiday. If this happens your account will be set to inactive for the duration of the break. It will be made active again on the date you ask us to resume. Once it’s active again you will start getting surveys once more and will continue to receive credits and rewards.
If your account is set to inactive you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due. If you change your mind and would like to be a part of TRP Surveys again you will need to re-sign up. If you do this we will not be able to transfer any credits from your previous account and your credit balance will start at zero.
12. Leaving TRP Surveys
You can leave TRP Surveys at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests to unsubscribe will be completed within 7 days and once actioned you will not be contacted again. We will keep a record of your personal information for the purpose of preventing fraud and to make sure that you are not contacted again (e.g. via a friend referral). All data will be protected and stored as per our Privacy Notice.
If you unsubscribe you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
13. Removal from TRP Surveys
Your membership with TRP Surveys may be ended without notice if you fail to follow these Terms and Conditions. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
If you no longer meet the criteria for being a member of TRP Surveys as defined in section 1 “Signing up for TRP Surveys” then you can no longer take part in our research and we will need to remove you from TRP Surveys.