TRP Surveys research on VR shows strong uptake.
TRP Surveys is a UK-wide media survey, run by media research agency TRP Research.
We run regular omnibus surveys on any media-related questions; we recently surveyed our members about Virtual Reality.
Here are some interesting facts from our VR research.
- 15% of those surveyed already own a VR device.
- Nearly 20% intend to buy a Virtual Reality device in the next year.
- 51% of those considering buying a VR device would opt for a console device; 27%, a mobile-phone-based device (32% are undecided)
- 40% of VR device owners have used the equipment ‘a bit more’ or ‘much more’ than expected.
- 39% of VR owners found the devices to be a bit better than expected, and 16% found VR far exceeded expectation.
- 70% of VR owners believe that VR will be an important technology in future.
A report of our findings can be found at http://www.trpresearch.com/virtually-mainstream-trp-surveys-research-on-vr-shows-strong-uptake/.